The night's drawing in, you've poured yourself a glass of red and you're excited to light your SevenSeventeen mood-boosting candle for the very first time. But wait! Before you do, did you know a little bit of nurture goes a long way when it comes to getting the most out of a luxury candle? Here are our top tips on loving and caring for yours...
1. IMPORTANT! When lighting your candle for the first time, always go for a minimum of two hours to allow an oil to form across the entire surface. This will pave the way for a beautifully even burn for the duration of your candle's life.
2. The longer your wicks, the quicker the burn and we sell wick trimmers for a reason! Keeping our natural cotton wicks trimmed to 5mm also allows for a steadier, cleaner burning experience with not a flicker of a flame or trail of black soot in sight.
3. It may sound obvious but keeping external doors closed when lighting your candle will ensure it smells stronger and lasts longer every time! Draughts are simply NOT a candle's best friend.
4. SevenSeventeen candles keep for up to 18 months but sadly after this time the fragrance quality will start to deteriorate. To keep the plant-based wax pleasingly crisp and milky coloured, we recommend you store in dark, dry spots and out of direct sunlight.
5. Always replace the screw top lids on your SevenSeventeen candles once you've finished burning them to prevent dust from settling on the wax. If you happen to forget, dust can be removed gently using a cotton pad.
6. Never light your candle for more than 4 hours. It can cause a blackening of the jar, not to mention a strange mushrooming of the wick.
7. You may yearn for your candle to go on forever but you don't need us to tell you that all good things must come to an end. Know when to say goodbye when 3mm of wax remains in your jar - then pick a new fragrance to try! And don't forget to reuse the glass pharmacy jars as pots for flowers or paint brushes afterwards.
8. Always burn your candle on a flat, even surface. Even placing it on a slight angle can cause the wax to tip to one side and burn unevenly. Trust us, we KNOW, and as wax has a memory (fact!) your candle will continue to burn this way for the rest of its life!
9. Enjoy some calm amidst the chaos. Our mood-boosting candles have been created to bring you a dose of calm so why not make it a nightly ritual? Clock off from the day, light the candle and ENJOY.
10. When entertaining, light our candles for half an hour before your guests are due to arrive so they're greeted by a beautiful burst of fragrance as they enter your home. And when they ask what the amazing smell is? Be sure to tell them it's your lush SevenSeventeen candle filling the air.